10 Things That Shock New Viewers to Wolters World
Hey There Fellow Travelers! We Are Working on fixing the website, hence the low tech version right now. But please know that we appreciate all of your views, support, subscriptions and t-shirt requests!
- Mark Really is Married to Jocelyn: Yep, it’s true. There is hope for all.
- Threats: We have received death threats and physical threats due to our Love & Hates of Different Destinations YouTube series.
- We Don’t Just Visit Places: we have lived and worked around the world. Mark lived abroad for over a decade working & studying around the world, he has spent the past twenty plus years exploring the world and making mistakes along the way that he can share with other travelers. Basically, he has had to get cable and pay taxes in a number of countries. Jocelyn has lived abroad and even gave birth abroad, Caleb has spent time in a Portuguese pre-school, learned how to eat chopsticks in China, and his favorite song as a child was “Haribo macht Kinder froh” from the German candy company Haribo. Oh, and the littlest Liam was born abroad and only got to the US as his sixth country.
- The Low Level of Production Value of Wolters World Videos: as Mark edits all the videos on his own and does not have much of a cinematography background, it kind of shows in the production and editing value of the videos.
- Jocelyn is Scared to Fly: Yes, you are not the only person who is scared to fly. Half of the Wolters World team is scared to fly.
- We Travel as a Family: We take the kids with us as much as we can. Every school holiday or long weekend we try to get the kids to new destinations around the world.
- The Fat Guy’s Name is Mark, not Wolter: Many people don’t realize that the presenter in the videos name is Mark, not Wolter. Wolters is our family name.
- Not our Day Job: Wolters World Travel & Culture is not our day job. Mark is a professor by day and travel vlogger by night.
- Mark Used to Be Quite Skinny: Jocelyn is an amazing cook and Mark has no willpower.
- Our Fans & Supporters: We have some of the best and most supportive fans and viewers on YouTube and we say Thank you to them!